01. The competition is open to all UK and ROI residents aged 18 and over, who are
hair salon owners/ employees or freelance/mobile hairdressers for the main award
category and hairdressing college students at NVQ, VRQ or SNVQ level 3 or below
for the college category, with the exception of L’Oréal (UK) Limited (the “Promoter”)
employees, their immediate families or friends, or anyone professionally connected
with the promotion.
02. The Brief: Create a male or female look that is on-trend for 2013 using Matrix
Colour and Styling products.You don’t need a glossy photo shoot or professional
model. The look should showcase your talent and creative vision.
03. Entry to the competition is free, although travel (and accommodation if applicable)
expenses for the 12 fi nalists to attend the Finalists’ Day are not covered.
04. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries allowed per salon or college.
05. Entrants warrant and represent they have used hair colour and hair styling products
from the Matrix range to colour and style the hair of their chosen model as part
of the submission for this competition. In the event that it transpires that this
is not the case the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner(s) and
the judges will select an alternative winner(s).
06. Entries can be received or uploaded onto www.destinationfame.co.uk from March
1st 2013. Entries must be received on or before 31st May 2013 for the main award
category and 30th April 2013 for the college award category. Photos can be any size
but should be a headshot. If sent by mail entries should be sent in the prepaid
07. The model used in the competition must be 16 or over and have had an allergy
alert test 48 hours before the colour application.
08. We have the right to disqualify any entries which have an “Inspiration” over
50 words long.
09. Entrants will have the chance to have their entry placed on an online voting
gallery, accessible via www.destinationfame.co.uk (“Online Voting Gallery”). The
Online Voting Gallery will be accessible from 7th May 2013 until 5pm on 31st May
2013 for a public viewing of entries that agreed to have their headshots and the
inspiration (50 word limit) (“Look”) placed on the Online Voting Gallery. The Online
Voting Gallery will be open for public viewers to vote for their favourite Look(s)
between 7th May 2013 until 5pm on 31st May 2013.
10. a) Voting will be stopped at 5pm on 31st May 2013. The 2 entrants with the highest
number of votes will automatically become 2 of the 12 fi nalists for entry to the
Destination.Fame Finalists Day. One College Winner with the highest number of votes
will be selected as the winner of the College Category.
b) All other entrants for the Grand Prize (including entrants who chose not to have
their Looks placed on the Online Voting Gallery) will go through the normal judging
criteria which are as follows: Does their overall image work and show awareness
of on-trend fashion? Overall Image split: 50% Cut & Colour, 50% Styling & Finish.
11. The entrants will be judged by an independent panel.
12. Full Terms and Conditions for Voters can be found on the Destination.Fame website.
13. The 12 finalists will be notified by 14th June 2013 by email/telephone and
invited to the Destination.Fame Finalists Day for one day on the 23rd June 2013.
14. Entries cannot be returned and are the property of the Promoter.
15. Entrants grant L’Oréal (UK) Limited with a transferrable, exclusive, worldwide,
royalty free and perpetual license in all copyright, moral or other rights under
the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 to use the photos and any materials,
videos and images generated during the Destination Fame competition (whether they
proceed to the Finalists Day or not) for any purpose whatsoever (including without
limitation, use on Matrix websites, Facebook pages and twitter, promotion of the
Destination.Fame event, PR content print and online, editorial, advertising and
advertorial content, trade press and 2013/2014 competition promotion print and online
and educational or internal purposes etc).
16. The three Grand Winners of the main award will win a year of Fame with Matrix
(23rd June 2013 to 23rd June 2014). The three winners look forward to a year of
activities that include:
17. The one College Winner will win the opportunity to attend and observe the photo
shoot, in summer 2013, with the Grand Winners and learn from the top names in the
British hairdressing industry. Matrix will provide reasonable transportation and
subsistence costs to attend these sessions.
18. In consideration for the opportunities, exposure and experience granted by L’Oréal
(UK) Limited the winning individuals agree, and will procure that their respective
models agree, to grant L’Oréal (UK) Limited a transferable, exclusive, worldwide,
royalty free license in all copyright, moral and other rights created during the
competition and the winning year and agree to sign a release and consent form to
be provided by Matrix.
19. The prizes are as stated and are not transferable and there are no alternative
prizes or cash substitutes. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize
of like value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason
20. Entries will only be accepted on the offi cial paper form or online form. Copies
will not be accepted.
21. Incomplete, illegal, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Responsibility cannot
be accepted for lost damaged or delayed entries.
22. The 3 Grand winners of the main award will be notifi ed at The Finalists Day
on 23rd June 2013. The prize will be awarded to the individual entrants. In the
event that a winner leaves their salon during or after the event, the new salon
will be credited in all promotional material. If an entrant is employed, they must
get their salon owner’s consent to enter.
23. The judges’ decision is fi nal and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winners and their models must be prepared to take part in the publicity
accompanying or resulting from the promotion. No additional compensation will be
awarded for such promotional activities.
25. If the prize is declined or if the winner forfeits the prize under these terms
and conditions, then the judges may at their absolute discretion select an alternative
26. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add to or waive
any of these terms or conditions, or to cancel the competition at any stage, in
the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
27. A list of the winners will be available by sending a S.A.E. to Matrix Destination.Fame,
L’Oréal (U.K.) Ltd, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ from 17th June to 15th
28. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to be bounded by and have
accepted these terms and conditions.
29. English Law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction
over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.
Promoter: Matrix a trading division of L’Oréal (U.K) Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ
Tell us about your entry! Click on the links to join us at: